Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

previous month on headline Powerplay report

Status
Not open for further replies.

baruch

MIS
Mar 2, 2000
IL
Hi
How can i put the (current month - 1) on headline Poerplay?
thx
barry

Hi,

I did this where I wanted in the report title - current month - 1. The way I did it was allocate a dimension to the cube and allocated it to all measures and then added this dimension in the report title. It wasnt pretty but it did the job, the users didnt mind

hope this helps
mayo 4 sam

Thx mayo 4 sam

Can you explain how to "allocated it to all measures" ?

A date dimesion created by defult with current month and last month (thats current date - 1).

I put at the report the sum of 1 thru (current date - 1),

so at the title will be (1-jul/2005) for current date aug.

thx again

Hi,

What I did is add a iqd with Today - 1 month which returned "2005.07". This is all the iqd returned - no measures or other dimensional data. I then created a new dimension and called it "Report Date" and this dimension was filled by the iqd above. I set the dimension to "always include" and made sure the the allocation tab of the dimension was set to constant. I drilled down on this dimension "Report Date" which showed "2005.07" and then added this dimension to the title

mayo 4 sam

Thx mayo

I made a csv file that have the title ReportDate, and records like 07/2005 etc, that includ 12 dates that rouled the current month + 11 previous months.

I Made an Exe program that made that csv, do u have any other idea to make such 12 data months?

Thx again
Barry

Hi,

I am geting a bit confused on what your doing and what you are requiring. Do you have a time table, why not use this table to get your dates.

Mayo for Sam

Hi Mayo

You Right, Thats Table, will not do the job. in second think.

I just wanted to use your trick for other dates, that will relative will be shifted head every month in the title automatically

For now I just neead in the title of powerplay report, a variable that have the value of the previous current month,
(the data in the report are updete to end preivios month).

Thats report will shift to the end user, so in that month
it will show automatically 07/2005, in september 08/2005, etc.

Thx & forgive me , iam new in powerplay...

Barry

Hi Barry,

I am unsure if you know what I am geting at. I would create an iqd with this syntax below and import it into the cube model. Add the dimension and apply this same dimension to the report title.

The iqd syntax or should i say sql syntax would be:
Select distinct (month(TODAY))-1 || '/' || YEAR(TODAY) from anytable

(anytable means pick any table, use the smallest no of rows table would be the best)
This would return "7/2005" for this period August. When you run the cube in September it will return 8/2005 and so on. This will automatically give you the current period - one month, when ever you run the cube.

I use informix so the syntax may be a bit different if you use an different database. Also make sure the dimension properties is set to "Always include"

mayo 4 sam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back