Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

previous file list

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullshoot

Technical User
Sep 2, 2001
US
I would like to know how to delete the file names in the previous file list in something like "find files or folders".
When you search for something, the names stays in a dropdown list that can be retrived later to use a certain search word again. can the words in this list be deleted?
I am using windows 98se.
thanks for any help
bullshoot
wpashe@citcom.net

I found some registry keys. one general and one per user.

Code:
"HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc Find Spec MRU"
"HKEY_USERS\username\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc Find Spec MRU"

At boot time you could delete them using regEdit...
Code:
regedit /d "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc Find Spec MRU"
(and one per user name...)
regedit /d "HKEY_USERS\username\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Doc Find Spec MRU"

If you use these command when windows is running WIn asks you if you want to add the keys. But after a few incorrect message boxes, the keys are gone.

Sloppy coding, MS, sloppy.

Thanks for the responces. The Tweakui did it fine.

I always say that the fastest and best answers are right here every time!!!!!

Thanks again
william ashe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back