Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Previewing report help

Status
Not open for further replies.

redeemasp

Programmer
Jun 1, 2004
GB
Hi there,

I'm previewing a large report in Crystal 10. Its a slow report so I stop it half way thru loading. When I want to navigate through the pages that I've loaded so far, it start reloading data again.

Is there an option to prevent that from happening?

Thanks

Lee.

hi
If you stop the recoed count to preview your report and
you click on the last page arrow it will run till it has edone so.
I if your report is to slow, there must be a way to speed it up

I have a report here that uses 15 views and 160 formula and it generated in 1:15 minutes
and it contains over 4,000 pages and over a million records

see if you can modifed your report to genetaed faster.
cheers

pgtek

The key to report performance begins with record retrieval from the database. Basically, the more processing you can do on the server, the better. Your database server is exponentially faster at processing records than is Crystal. Therefore, Crystal will parse the selection formula and pass down any part of the criteria to the server that it can. Generally, any part of the record selection formula that compares a field with a constant can be passed (anything that can be set up in Select Expert). For AND situations, the program passes down whatever conditions it can. For OR situations, the program either passes all or none down.

Hi
Try to create views to speed up the report generation
or if you have db right to created then create a store procedure to get the data you need for your report.

cheers

pg

pgtek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back