Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preview report with copy and paste ability

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcelligott

Programmer
Apr 17, 2002
US
Hello All,

I am using Microsoft Access 2010. I have set it up so when the user clicks on the "Print" button for a record, it shows them a preview of the report. Unfortunately, they also need the ability to copy parts of the content for use (paste) in other applications (usually either Word or email) for reference to whomever they are sending it to. They are not normally copying and pasting the whole document, just the applicable parts. I could do this via a form but they prefer the report view since they can see the whole thing at once. Is there a way of giving them the ability to copy and paste in a report view?

Thanks,

Bob

Have you tried publishing the report with Word and then copying? Pretty sure this cannot be done from Access.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

If you are in Report view you can copy paste if in Print Preview you cannot. Open in Report View.

Majp,

That is exactly what I needed.

Thanks,

Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back