Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preview in Browser and Modified Dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathetic

Programmer
Dec 3, 2004
US
Recently having two issues and I don't know why or how to resolve:

1) Preview in Browser no longer launching the browsers I have configured for F12 and Shift F12 (IE6 and Netscape). I have verified that the browsers are selected for this function.

2) Modified dates are not updating, both .DWT and .HTM files. If I use the refresh command it updates the modified date momentarily but then reverts back to previous date.

MX2004, XP, IE6

I'd appreciate any advice...

Thank you.

If by "Modified dates", you are referring to a date which changes automatically to show when a site was last updated as in the lower left of my page here>> the update happens when the page containing the date is saved. If no changes were made to that specific page but you still want to show a new date because the site was updated elsewhere, then "save as" the page containing the date.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back