Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevet Simphony from closing the check C#

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milos MNE

Programmer
Oct 14, 2021
ME
Hello,

Can someone tell me how to prevent Simphony from closing the check when customer presses tender media button in case I need it to?
I would like the chceck to stay open so I can show a message to the customer.
I'm creating ext app in C#.

Kind regards,
Miloš

You can use the OpsTmedPreviewEvent from Micros.Ops.Extensibility and return the enum EventProcessingInstruction.AbortEvent.

But please keep in mind that while this works fine when the tender is posted explicitly (eg. someone presses a tender media button), in the situation where the tender is posting as a result of another action (like after a successful OPI/SPI payment or a stored value redemption transaction) you might run into problems.

I just read your post again, and if the objective is to show a message after payment (and not to abort the payment), you can just use the above event, show what you need to show, and return EventProcessingInstruction.Continue - that would work perfectly.

Thank you Martin.

I was using Abort Event at wrong time, at FinalTenderEvent. If used at that time it just closes the check no matter if I pass Abort or Continue.
But when it's used at TmedEvent it works as it should.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back