Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventive maintainence on 61c,pstn and Callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCU

Vendor
Mar 14, 2006
IN
I would like to carried out PM activity on my Nortel 61c and Callpilot.
Let me know steps and important key points to notify.

-BCU

The main thing to consider is to have backups taken from your telephone equipment and this would include the Call Server and Call Pilot.

You can schedule regular Call Pilot backups across your network. Another thing is that you need to compile a list of all the login accounts and passwords for all devices as well as a complete list of all your IP addresses.

Don't forget to get all your Server accounts listed and this needs to include any other equipment such as Miran, MC32, TM, Sig Server etc.

I tend to take photos of everything in case a major outage happens as you can then check the led status after service has been restored.
This saves you wasting time trying to fix a circuit that was never in use prior to the problem happening!.

For the Call Server, I tend to run listings via Procomm Plus to list out a snapshot of the phone system configuration. This is handy if any data is delete such as extension details and you can easily refer to a file.

Also take a list of all patches on your applications and find out if any of them needs to be updated to prevent any problems from happening.

There might be more areas to consider, but the above should keep you busy for a while.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Don't for get your column air filters, they should cleaned or replaced

** Proofread carefully to see if you any words out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back