Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing user from sending external email

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daveyd123

MIS
Aug 25, 2004
US
I need the ability to prevent a user from sending and receiving external (internet) email and only allowing local email.

In the users email Properties, I selected to receive email from Authenticated Users only. That works great for blocking incoming, external email.

Is there any easy way to prevent that user from sending external, internet email?

I have looked at Mark's faq955-5965 but do not see a reference to block sending internet email. I also have run across some sites telling me to set up an SMTP connector. Is there any other, easy way to block a user from sending internet email?

Never try this but I think it's here:
First Admin Group - Routing group - Connector
Right click the SMTP connector and properties - Delivery restrictions - reject emails from

The users being added there can't send Internet emails.

In Exchange Manager, if I go under Admin Groups--First Admin Group--Routing Group--First Routing Group--Connectors...nothing is listed there

This part of the FAQ deals with blocking the outgoing Internet mail:

Second place is in any Internet Mail SMTP Connectors you have for your organization. Go into the Properties for each connector and select the Delivery Restriction tab. Add the accounts in question to the Reject Messages From list.

I hope you find this post helpful.

Regards,

Mark

Check out my scripting solutions at
Work SMARTER not HARDER. The Spider's Parlor's Admin Script Pack is a collection of Administrative scripts designed to make IT Administration easier! Save time, get more work done, get the Admin Script Pack.

Are SMTP connectors required for email flow? We do not have any listed under Admin Groups--First Admin Group--Routing Group--First Routing Group--Connectors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back