Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing reboot following updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

canadajoe

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2006
CA
We have servers in our data center pointing to an internal server for updates. I have the update properties set to update dats, engines, and program updates, service packs. I am concerned that some of the engine or service pack updates will require a reboot following the upgrades. These are production servers with defined change windows so I can't have them rebooting without change notification. My question is should I disable the engine and patch updates and only select dat updates so there will be no danger of a reboot or will the reboot always be suppressed?

Hy Canadajoe!
In the Policies of the ePO-Agent, there are 2 Options for the rebooting behaviour of the client (or server in this case). I have deactivated these 2 options and never got problems with automatic rebooting also with automatic Patch/Hotfix or Engine updates... I have VSE8 with ePO Agent running on 120 productive windows servers...

I'm not using the epo agent, just using autoupdate architect and scheduling to point to an internal server. Is there a way with what I am using to modify reboot behaviour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back