Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

preventing mail to contacts (board members)

Status
Not open for further replies.

techteam

IS-IT--Management
May 2, 2002
US
Is there a way to prevent staff from seeing the contacts that are setup for board members? Only management should see these contacts. I have tried using the security tab associated with the contacts in ADU&C but that doesn't seem to do the trick?

Don't know if this will for sure meet your needs or not but you can hide a user from Exchange address lists by going to ADUC, properties of a user, Exchange Advanced tab, put a check in the "Hide from Exchange Address Lists" box.

Good luck

I tried this and gave it overnight to sync and my test account is STILL there?

1. You may need to run the Update Now feature for your Recipient Update Service. Failing that, I would rebuild.

2. A good way to hide contact information from certain users while leaving it available to others is to create nested address lists, and deny users the ability to see the contents of the address lists. A users would be able to see the root address list, say 'Board Contacts' but would not be able to see the contacts or lists under that point.

You scare me Jbud talking about rebuilding! I will try the update first.

Tell me more about the nested address list. I am trying to picture that one. Are you performing the deny on the "security" tab of the list? I have tried that and noticed that it didn't appear to have an effect. This might go back to the update thing again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back