Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing I/C From Making Set Busy

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanstein

MIS
Jul 31, 2004
US
As usual, I have been asked to babysit via my v6.1 MICS. We have some employees who pick up their phone (prime line = I/C) with nobody on the other end in order to make their set look busy and have calls bounce back to the receptionist. Is it possible to make it so when the person is on an outside line (we have 2 T1 cards only) their set will be busy (because they really ARE on a call) but if they are on an intercom path, it will allow calls without needing to use priority call? Thanks!

Jay

try putting 2 intecom keys on the set.

Nam555

are u using acd? and change forward on busy to none

ski season has started

The sets all have 2 intercom keys and DND on Busy=Y. DND on Busy=N allows calls to be passed in whether the person is on an outside line or on an intercom. Fwd on busy is set to none. Luv2ski, I'm not sure what you mean by ACD. I think this is something to do with the CallPilot, but we aren't using any of the AA features, just some VM boxes. Some of the people I want to pass a call even if on an intercom do not have VM boxes and others do have VM. Thanks again.

You are stuck between a rock and employees who should be fired.

Put in video surviellance cameras.

That was my first suggestion but that would take some of those things they call "balls" which my management seems to lack...

if we have 2 icms and fna = none and forward on busy = none then the user should get a second call..

ski season has started

you're right luv2ski, but they'll always get the 2nd call even while they're on a legitimate call and not just sleeping on the job.

fire the bums

how's the skiing?

went a couple of weeks ago then it warmed up again...goin sat and sun ..hope winter is commin soon...

ski season has started

and shame on a company for not having the balls to fire unproductive people....my son works at eckerts and he needed to go to a wake and funeral...he says to me when i told him to let his boss know"i will just not show up and will go to work my next sscheduled day"Now of course i flipped and he said he would let her know but this is what the kids do and they dont get fired...

ski season has started

and that is one of the reasons why retail workers don't make a lot of money per hour.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Well thanks for the help all... I have decided that starting next week I'm going to do like everyone else.. pretend every other employee works for me, whether they really do or not. Anyone I see slacking off is going to get chewed out... they don't like it they can fire me (which they can't because they would be up a big creek and they know it)... we'll see :)

Hey guys, won't that intercom pretend call eventually time out???

And mark me down for some DVR technology..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

Maybe eventually, but then they would just pick up a new one... unless theres a way to set the intercom timeout very short and piss them off... if only SMDR picked up intercom columns...

Intercom paths time out? When did this happen?

In any case.. another alternative would be to have every line that they have access to appear on your set. Then you'd be able to tell if theyre using a line or are using an intercom path. Or if intercom calls aren't needed, you can just remove all the intercom buttons.

well, if they are using routing and going out through the intercom, it would be kind of difficult to figure out if it was an internal or external call..

The secret of Joy in work is contained in one word- excellence- To know how to do something well is to enjoy it..

We have 54 lines (2 full T1s), but they are all in Pool
A... incoming calls hunt 1-54, outgoing 54-1... but then I don't know who is on what line... and I don't the authority to yell at people (although I'm about ready to start anyway whether I have the authority or not)... basically it is an attempt to solve a problem without having to confront anyone... it will never actually solve the problem, but then who considered that angle....? how about "Hey Joe, I see you aren't doing any work... let's change that....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back