Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preventing agents from calling extensions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommasihno

Technical User
Mar 26, 2009
GB
Hello all,

I hope you may be of assistance :)

In short - we are trying to prevent agents from calling the extension numbers of stations - we need them to be calling the the agent login numbers (as we run reports that work on the agent login numbers).
Originally we set the COR on the stations themselves so that an agent could not call stations with this COR - forcing them to call the agent login number. However, this prevented agents from calling other agents as (after running a trace) the call basically gets forwarded to the extension of the station - which has been blocked by the COR!!

Is there any other way around this?

Many thanks,
Tom

You need to have different CORs for both the stations and the agents.

Susan
“Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
Then, when you criticize them, you are a mile away ...
and you have their shoes.”

We do have different CORs for both the stations and agents.

Basically - all agents have COR 15 and all stations have COR 0. COR 15 has permission to call COR 0 and COR 15. But COR 0 does not have permission to call COR 15 (or COR 0). I presumed that the COR of the agent would have overridden the COR of the station - but it seems not (after running a trace - if an agent calls another agent it effectively forwards the call to the station - which is not allowed by the COR 0 on the station).

Do your agents logons have a coverage path?

We have a similar situation, and if the agent is active (on an ACD call) the inbound call to the logon ID will give a busy signal if there is not a coverage path.

Susan

We do have coverage paths in place for some agents...where it is completely necessary for the call to be answered.
Like you said - if an unavailable agent ID is called then it will give a busy tone.

Any ideas on how I might solve my problem?? As I'm out of ideas :)

We don't allow our agents to call each other at all. We have VDN's set up for the agents to call for supervisor assistance. This might work for you.

Susan

That's not really an option for us as we need our agents to be able to call other agents...

Do they have to call a specific agent, or any agent? Or both? How often? You might be able to do something with a vector and a "route to digits" command.

Susan

how do the agents know the station numbers?
renumber with an @ sign in the name and don't put the station number on the phone (i.e. your phone does not have a display stating the ext number..)
I think giving the station cor 0 will prevent the logged-off agent calling from a station to try what the extension is...

We need the agents to be able to call one another...and on a regular basis.

The agents know the station numbers as we have just transferred a department over to agent working - and so these agents were used to calling the station numbers...

I know we could just advise the staff to use the agent login numbers (which we have done) and to create a new range of extensions (and remove the old range)....

But I thought it would be easy enough to just stop agents calling the stations with CORs - but it seems not...

more important - i think= is tat customers still can call the old extentions.
that is absolutely not wise and your reports will be 'screwed up' with strange flow ins. so no correct report.

my advice:

create one new extention, cor 1, no extra's etc.
do an export to file of a list station
remove all agent-stations
duplicate that new ext to x number of stations. (can be done in one form) and outside your direct dial range.
get your export and before saving the form, fill in the port numbers!
save and 10 minutes later youre done without leaving your desk:)
ps. name all stations the same, e.g.
@callcenter
(@= not vissable in directory)

hope that helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back