Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent User from sending e-mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNGPicard

Technical User
Jun 23, 2003
US
Due to various abuse and AUP issues, management has asked that I restrict a certain few users from sending e-mail to parties outside of the company.

I know how I can prevent receipt of e-mail from outside the company but how about sending e-mail out?

Exchange 2003 Standard Ed.

Mark / TNG

If you have a connector configured, you could use the 'delivery restrictions' Tab on that.

First Administrative Tools, connectors, right click it.

Delivery restrictions, add the user from AD.

hope this helps..

wellerw - thanks. I'll give it a shot. I forgot that was there in the middle of the other stuff I'm having to do w/ this personnnel problem from an IT end.

Hi Everyone,

wellerw 's way is great.... Especially if you want to restrict a group of users from sending emails.

There's also another of doing it.

In AD, go to the "Exchange General" tab, then "delivery Restriction" and and assign only 1 kb to your user in the "Sending message size" field.

Hope this help !!!!

wellerw's way would be the preferred method between those two, for two key reasons.

1. A user could send a message smaller than 1kb using fmirre's method
2. You have one place to look/configure who can't send email if you use wellerw's way.

Pat Richard
Microsoft Exchange MVP
Contributing author The Complete Reference: Microsoft Exchange Server 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back