Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent table resize word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

branko

Programmer
Mar 19, 2002
SI
Hi,

I would like to make a word template.
This template should contain a table with fixed measures.
It will be used to print on special perforated paper, so I would like to prevent the user from resizing the table. Does anybody have any suggestions how to prevent that?
I am working with Word 2000, it would be nice if a solution would also work with Word 97

Thanks in advance,

Branko

Branko,
I do the following:

Change the table properties to set measurements. When you do this on each tab (Column, Row, & Cell). Make sure the measurement on the Row tab is "Exactly".

Then insert Form Fields into each cell of the table. Lock the form and send it out to the users.

This way they can only enter info into the fields, and not alter the table size.

Hope this helps.
AngO

Thanks for your reply AngO!

I tried your solution.
The problem is that this way the user can add only text. What I would like to do is to give a template and the user can add pictures, drawings text in all sizes, colors, fonts and directions.
The table is there to show where the perforations in the paper are.
Or did I miss a feature? (I never used forms before in Word)

Branko

branko,
You are correct. No pictures in the form fields.
HMMM
You can do all of the above without the forms part of it. But the user could still manually change the table the same way you did, or by draging the column widths.

Maybe if you set it all up, then save it as a template. The original can't be altered, and if they mess it up they just start over with the template again.

Will this type of thing work for you?
AngO

You could try creating the table and filling in each cell with a form field, then protecting the document as a form. Alternatively you could create the table in the header and put another table without lines in the body directly over it.

Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back