Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent TAB from navagating to next record

Status
Not open for further replies.

XTnCIS

Programmer
Apr 23, 2002
US
I want the tab sequence to stay within the fields for the record I'm working with on the form.

Right now, pressing TAB from the last field on the form, saves the changes and pulls up the next record. Same with Shift-TAB from the first record on the form.

I'm sure there must be an easy way to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Arrow keys or TABs may move to the next record.

For arrow keys, do one of the following:
To lock the cursor within the current record, select the Cursor stops at first/last field check box. This prevents the insertion point from moving from the first or last field to the previous or next record when you press the RIGHT or LEFT ARROW keys.

To allow the insertion point to move from record to record, clear the Cursor stops at first/last field check box.

For TAB keys, only way I know is to check the LastKey pressed in the last field and if it is a TAB then move focus to the first field!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back