Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent sending email

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccnet101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 29, 2001
HK
i have a user, that my boss would like me to only have him recieve email, but not send be able to send email period, not internally or externally, i have windows 2000 server, with exchange 2000 , client is outlook 2K3, any suggestions would be great.

Set the user's account to not be able to send mail at 1K.

ADUC --> User Account --> Exchange General Tab --> Storage Limits Button --> Prohibit Send checkbox

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

Wow, that's an odd request. Did you give your boss a funny look? :p At any rate there may be more than one way to do this and there might be more elegant ways than mine, but here it goes anyways. Go to the Active Directory and select that particular user. Go to the Properties and then "General Exchange Tasks". Click on "Delivery Restrictions" and under Sending Message Size select the radio button for "Maximum KB" and type 0. This should restrict the user from sending anything.

Let me know how it works since I haven't had that request...yet.

I will give that a try and see how it goes. i will let you guys know, thanks

yup, it worked, thanks for very much to all of you!!, have a great weekend

I just tested it. It seems to work for external addresses, but not internal ones.

PSC

Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys. And all those other people out there who have no idea what's going on are the cattle. Mooo! --Mr. The Plague, from the movie "Hackers

That's way to funny. You should compare notes with ccnet101, they hav e the oposite problem following the same article...

It probably works when users are on different servers, but I only have one, and I can send mail to other user's within this store.

PSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back