Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent selection of certain records

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicatt

Programmer
Apr 2, 2001
US
Here is the layout....

I have hundreds of tables that have hundreds of stored procs attached to them. I will be entering records into the various tables which are deemed sensitive. In other words, I do not want any existing procs or users to be able to access the data. I am not permitted to change the table structures nor build a parallel system of tables nor go back and rewrite any procs to exclude the data. The method used must be such that any future proc or adhoc is prevented from getting the data. I could use views but that wouldn't stop someone from accessing the tables directly.

So all I can figure is to limit select privileges at the record level? Is this even possible? Other ideas?

Thanks in advance.........

Hiya,

I have never heard of Sybase being set up to provide row level security, which seems to be basically what you need to do.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back