Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent people from touching the table objects... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

helmi

Technical User
Mar 10, 2003
SG
I will like to ask if there's a way we can prevent users from touching the table object because they may change the design of it.Is there a way other than renaming the table object with the front of it as unisys? Pls help.....

The link that you provide has lots of information but it seems long winded. I juz wanna know a way of preventing the individual from going to the table.Pls help me.....Thankx

<sigh>

OK, try hiding the database, or hiding the tables.

You can hide the database by using Tools:Startup and unclicking show database at startup.

You could also hide all the tables. Right click on a table, select properties, and hide it.

Found this out on the web somewhere.. it works

(Q) Can I hide a table so that it doesn't appear in the Database window?

(A) If you want to hide a table in the database windows so that other users can't select it, preface the table's name with 'Usys'. For example, if your table's name is employee, change it to UsysEmployee. This makes your table into a system object which access does not display. To see this table later, choose view, options, show system objects.

PaulF

Good point PaulF, you can definitely use the USys prefix (I learned that from this site, actually), the only problem is you have to update all references to the table.

It's pretty much the same as making them hidden AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back