Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent hqx Compression on Macs

Status
Not open for further replies.

wesleycrusher

Technical User
Sep 30, 2003
US
I recently installed an Emac and an Imac for two office employees. They are both running Panther and Lotus Notes 6. The problem I am having is that, whenever they send atachments, they are being compressed. I know there is a box that you can uncheck when attaching the file but that does not seem to work in all cases. Users outside of our email server are receiving Word files (we use Office X) ending in ".doc.hqx" even if we uncheck the compress box. I believe this has something to do with Stuffit but am not sure.

Does anyone know a way to force attachments to be uncompressed by default? Any help or leads you can supply would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

We had the same problem with our mac users. Check the MIME settings and change from BinHex4.0 to AppleDouble(only Base64). Should help.

Kind Regards

I did as you instructed and it seems to be working out well! I have received word a single person was not able to open an attachment, compared to just about everyone before this change.

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back