Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent drill-downs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

agorjest

Technical User
Oct 23, 2007
US
Hello,
Using CR 2008 to write report, users use CR Enterprise 9 viewer to view the report.
I want to display group headers but I do not want the user to be able to drill down the details of a group in the viewer. I know you can suppress groups/sections with no drill down and hide them with drill down, but what if you want to not suppress, but also not allow drill downs?
I have the "Show All Headers on Drill Down" unchecked in Report Options. And when I do a Bolean test of Group 1 with the formula: drilldowngrouplevel = 0
It returns "True".
But the viewer is still allowing user to drill down below group 1.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Place the groupname in a text box or place a text box over the groupname (or the entire group header section) to prevent drilldown.

-LB

Thanks for the tip LB.
Will covering the group name with a text box also prevent lower level groups and details from being viewed in the group tree pane on the left side of the viewer?

Currently a user can click the expand (+) sign next to the group name in the tree and see the lower groups/details. And I don't have access to the viewer over the enterprise to be able to disable the "toggle group tree" button on top, if that is even possible.

What is your goal here? What are you trying to prevent? I don't know of a way of eliminating the group tree display other than to toggle the option, but there might be another way to achieve your goal.

-LB

Hi

If you want stop the group tree from being available, you can uncheck Show Preview Panel under Report Options. When the report runs in Enterprise the Group Tree panel does not appear.

I'm gonna try it with the "show preview panel option" off and see if that works. Thanks for the tip, tweetie7.

LB,
In response to your question, here are the details of what I'm trying to do:

This is how the report is displayed in the main body of the viewer, which is exactly how I want it to display:

Gr.1: On Demand/Corrective Workorders Submitted 318

Gr.2a: On Demand/Corrective Workorders Completed 95

Gr.2b: % On Demand/Corrective Workorders Completed 30%

Gr.1: PM Workorders submitted 41

Gr.2a: PM Workorders Completed 41

Gr.2b: % PM Workorders Completed 100%

Gr.1: Grouped on formula field @worktype:
(if {workorder.worktype} = "PM" then "PM Workorders" else "On-Demand/Corrective Workorders")

Displayed Group Name based on group name formula:
if {@Worktype} like "*Demand*" then "On Demand/Corrective Workorders Submitted" else
if {@Worktype} like "*PM*" then "PM Workorders Submitted"

Sum to the right is distinct count of {workorder.wonum}

Gr.2a: Grouped on formula field @closed/completed:
(if {workorder.status} in ["COMP", "CLOSE"] then "Completed/Closed" else "Open")

Displayed Group Name based on group name formula:
if {@Worktype} like "*Demand*" then "On Demand/Corrective Workorders Completed" else
if {@Worktype} like "*PM*" then "PM Workorders Completed"

Sum to the right is distinct count of {workorder.wonum}

The group section is supressed if @closed/completed like "*Open*"

Gr.2b: Also grouped on formula field @closed/completed

Displayed Group Name based on "Display String" format formula:
if {@Worktype} like "*Demand*" then " % On Demand/Corrective Workorders Completed" else
if {@Worktype} like "*PM*" then "% PM Workorders Completed"

Sum to the right is sum formula @%Comp/closed:
(DistinctCount ({workorder.wonum}, {@Closed/Completed}) % DistinctCount ({workorder.wonum}, {@Worktype}))

The group section is supressed if @closed/completed like "*Open*"

The problem is, in the group tree on the left pane of the viewer, it is showing groups 2a and 2b
as branches of group 1, and for group 2b the group name in the tree does not use the "display string",
but is a repeat of group 2a's group name.

Any other way I could have structured the report to make it appear the same as above in the main body of the viewer,
but not be so confusing for the user if they browse through the group tree in the left pane?

Unchecking "Show Preview Panel" worked. Thanks for the tip tweetie7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back