Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

prevent caching of applets with IE 5.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdg2cig

Programmer
Sep 16, 1999
US
I would like to be able to prevent caching of my JApplet used in a html page when viewed using IE 5.0 (and using Sun Java 1.3 plug-in). I have found that while developing the applet, when I recompile and try to view again using the same browser session, the applet changes do not appear. I have to close IE and start a new IE session to see the changes. I have IE caching set as follows: Tools|Internet Options|General|Settings|"Check for newer versions of stored pages" set to "Every visit to page" but it still seems to cache the applet classes. Any suggestions?

No sugestions. Every browser seems to do that. I don't know why. It just happens and you'll have to live with it.

IE5 huh?
Have you tried Shift+F5? <insert witticism here>
codestorm

Sorry should have been CTRL+F5 <insert witticism here>
codestorm

Yes, I have tried CTRL+F5 and the cached version of the applet is still used when the page refreshes. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Add a question mark followed by a=1
eg. myapplet.html?a=1

It fools the browser into thinking it's a parameter and will reread the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back