Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prevent cache-ing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cisco999

Programmer
Apr 26, 2001
US
Trying to enable the automatic refresh of a asp page. The following worked on one server:
<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;PRAGMA&quot; CONTENT=&quot;NO-CACHE&quot;>

But does not work on another. I then tried the following:
Response.CacheControl = &quot;no-cache&quot;
Response.AddHeader &quot;Pragma&quot;, &quot;no-cache&quot;
Response.Expires = -1

Now the following appears:
Warning: Page has Expired The page you requested was created using information you submitted in a form. This page is no longer available. As a security precaution, Internet Explorer does not automatically resubmit your information for you.

Would appreciate an explanation. Thank you.

There is a really good FAQ on the subject of caching - faq333-1034.

Thx for the response. I tried the code in faq333-1034 without success. The page comes up but not refreshed.

cisco999:

The page most likely is cached on your machine because you previously did not have caching turned on. Hit Ctrl-F5, this will refresh your page.

[yinyang]
Patrick

Manuel refreshing works. Need to have it happen automatically.

cisco999:

What exactly is being cached on your page? Images...data...

[yinyang]
Patrick

Try these 2 together:

<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;Expires&quot; CONTENT=&quot;Tue, 01 Jan 2002 1:00:00 GMT&quot;>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=&quot;Pragma&quot; CONTENT=&quot;no-cache&quot;> &quot;did you just say Minkey?, yes that's what I said.&quot;

MrGreed

MrGreed: Tried your suggestion without success.

Could it be related to an IIS setting?

Thanks for everyone's feedback!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back