Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pressing #2 gets NOT ALLOWED

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoAddict

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2009
CA
Hi there,

Whenever I make a long distance call and start to enter my account code (through PRI not on 3300), 23, I get not allowed on my phone and the call hangs up.

Same thing when I dial a 1800 number like AT&T and they ask 'Press 2 for....', as soon as I do I get not allowed and it hangs up.

This only happens to the #2. I just switched a user over to the same class of service as I have because of mobile extension and she now gets the same thing. So it must be an option on CoS but I'm not sure which one.

We are also on a Personal Ring group and we both have line monitors for Mobile extension if that may have something to do wit hit.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

My first guess would be the handoff feature for PRG's.

Do you have any FAC's starting with 2?

If so which ones?

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

I've had similar issues with calls to Auto Attendants. Turned out to be a mismatch on our PRI configuration.

Dry Aquaman

Thank you guys,

The feature access code was the problem. I'm just wondering why that had an effect on it after I switched the user over to a keysystem, and added her to a PRG?

Thanks!

Again with the guessing, I suppose your trunks may not be supplying supervision. Additionally, I guess that the FAC has priority. If guessing correctly, the system is telling you it cannot hand off a call that has not been answered yet.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back