Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Press 0 to return to menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

rongiul

MIS
Dec 6, 2004
CA
I have a Norstar Meridian MICS 3 with a callpilot 150.
I have all lines set to Table 1.
Table 1 uses CCR tree 1
Table 1 has menu repeat key set to 0

When people call in they are placed into the menu system. ==>ok
If they press 0 the menu is repeated ==> ok
If they dial an extension and get the voice mail, and they press 0 the voice mail greeting replays. ==> error
I would like that if they press 0 when at the voice mail it places the person back into the menu system.

Thanks

You don't use 9 or 0 in the CCR Tree

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

I set menu repeat key = None,
Now when I am in a voice mail and press 0 it says attendant not available and it replays the voice mail greeting.

I want the system to forward the person to ccr tree 1

Not that I can think of, no way to get back to CCR tree or AA...

I know that if a customer has called in, transfers to the wrong mailbox via the AA or receptionist ~ by pressing the "*" button once it will return you back to MBOX: where you can enter another extension or "#" button to get to the company directory.

What I have done now as a work around is to forward my reception phone to skillset 1 (I don't actually have a receptionist). Skillset 1 is my customer service skillset, which most calls get routed to. This solution is acceptable.

One odd thing, when someone presses 0 it will ring twice at the reception phone then transfer to the skillset(using forward on no answer with ring delay of 2. Feature 4 doesn't work. When feature 4 is used the Automated Attendant doesn't work, odd). Once the call gets transferred to the skillset, the call is placed in the Queue, but the phone rings instead of playing the skillset greeting. If an agent doesn't answer, the phone will ring about 6 times, and then the skillset greetings will play. I thought it was supposed to answer and play a greeting and place the call in the queue.

Try telling Table/Atdnt = 000 instead of 221
I winder if it repeats or goes straight to General mailbox?

I used to use 000 when customers didnt have reception but cannot remember now whats happens.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

I think you are seeing the atransfer callback returning the call after 6 rings.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

if in the skill set you have the main greeting as forced then they will hear the message before it rings an available agent ,if not forced the call rings the agent and only if no agents are available will it queue the caller

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back