Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Press 0 for immediate asst.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckoff

IS-IT--Management
Feb 8, 2007
CA
We have an aliant voicemail box just in case our Small Office Voicemail phone system is down. Our Small Office VM picks up after 3 rings and if it doesn't pickup after 3 rings the Aliant VM picks up after 6 rings. I have a 3 users in a branch office that when you call them and press 0 for immediate asst. it goes directly to the Aliant Voicemail...this is not what we want...we would like it to go to our Small Office Voicemail. I'm wondering if this is just a setting on the users accounts or is it a system setting?

Pressing 0 can transfer you to an extension only. I guess your Aliant VM connects to the IPO trough POT ports, so it is considered an extension.

My first post wasn't quite right. We need all calls that are directed at that remote branch to be forwarded to our main office. They have no problem calling out, but can't call in. I can call the local 3 digit # no problem, but not the main 10 digit #. I'm thinking it is a hunt group issue. Any help is appreiated. Thanks

The fix for this problem was to make a minor change to any configuration and then merge the config and then change the setting back and merged the config again and it seems to be working fine now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back