Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Presentation server 4 and local ICA client problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mndthegap1

Technical User
Jan 15, 2004
US
we are running presentation server 4.
i have domain users that have the local ica client installed on their computers.
they open program neighborhood, click on the client and it loads citrix and they get
the sign on for the server.

when they try to log on it gets error " you are not able to log on you need terminal server user rights access"

in ADUC they have the allow terminal services checked.
I then went into the connection manger or configuration manager clicked on the rdp and the ica and added authenticated users and gave them user access...
still didnt work..

do i need to reboot the serve after those changes ?
or is there something i am missing....

okay think i figured it out.

i had to connect with an RDP connection, clear Only launch Published Applications under the Advanced Connection settings of the RDP-TCP listener.

Your users that are having this issue should be part of the remote desktop users group on the local citrix server.

Adding users to the Remote Desktop Users group is NOT a requirement, however it is the normal way to provide access, as this group has the appropriate permissions (by default) to the RDP-Tcp connection in the Terminal Services Conviguration (tscc.msc). Adding users to another group that has equivalent permissions is an alternative.

Patrick Rouse
Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back