Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Presence keeps reverting to absent

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNJQuintin

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
CA
Good morning. I am the admin of our MiVB system, and am a multi-device user. I have 2 generic SIP devices, and a 5340 phone. The SIP devices keep reverting to absent, and then don't ring when called. I reset them in the morning, and they seem to be OK for the rest of the day. Also, maybe related, my call FWD when busy/no answer also reverts to deactivated. I have those set (for both internal and external) to go to voicemail. So when they revert to deactivated, my calls don't go to voicemail, and just keeps ringing.

Oh, I should also say that I am a hotdesk user, and have been setting up a new office, and have been logging into newer phones in that office (6920s and 6940s)...not sure if that has anything to do with my issues...

If anyone has any ideas, that would be great!

Thanks!

whats the software version
is there a micollab server
whats registering on the generic sip - physical devices/softphones if softphones what operating system , how are they connected ( Ethernet / wifi / gsm

whats is the Sip device capability / COS being used can you post them

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Sorry for the delayed response.

MiCollab 9.2.0.32-01
MiVoice Release level: 9.1 SP1 PR1

Softphones are on Android (WiFi/GSM)(GrandStream Wave), and PC (cabled)(MicroSip)

SIP device capability and COS I have exported to spreadsheets...before I attach them here, is there anything in those that I should consider confidential?

Thanks,

Q

Good morning. Just some more information. I can confirm that this seems to happen around 8AM every morning. I reset the settings, and then they are good until 8AM the next morning when they revert to "not active" for all my call fwd settings, and to not present for my 2 sip devices. Does anyone have any idea?

Thanks!

Q

Just blew away my extensions, and re-created them. All is working now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back