Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premiere Pro with Pinnacle DV500 DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

djyod

Technical User
Nov 18, 2002
US
Does any one know if Premiere Pro will work with the Pinnacle DV500 DVD board? when I go to Adobe's website, it only lists boards compatible with Version 6.5. I used this board to output to my tv as I am editing. If not,is there any other way to output to tv in realtime?

thanks.

Premiere Pro should be the latest version of premiere which is 6.5.

djyod,

First, WizyWyg's reply is incorrect. Premiere Pro is the next version of Premiere. It is NOT the same as 6.5. It is essentially "7.0" and should be released shortly.

Second, my guess is your Pinnacle DV500 will work with Premiere Pro, making sure you install Premiere first, then reinstall the DV500 drivers so they find Premiere's folder and insert the correct plug-in files.

Third, if PP won't work with the DV500, one way to get TV output is to buy the Matrox Parhelia AGP video card, which has triple-head output capability, and includes plugins for Premiere, After Effects, Lightwave, etc to route the Monitor window, for example, from Premiere to the third video output head, which would be an NTSC monitor, or TV.

Hope that helped.

Ruderalos

Thanks, I have found out now that Premiere Pro will not work with Pinnacle. Bummer! The Matrox Parhelia video cards sound like it may be what I need. By the way Premiere Pro has been released, and I have just begun to play with it and so far it looks really good!
Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back