Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

premiere crashes when editing clips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktpmm

Programmer
Jun 30, 2001
US
I've got Premiere 6.0, running on Athlon XP1700, 512 ram. I'm running only Premiere - no other progs. When I click on a video clip (avi) in the timeline to edit it, my entire machine reboots and it starts to dump memory. Any ideas?

I have the exact same problem. I'm running an AthlonXp 1800 chipset with a gig of ddr ram. Let me know if you find anything out.

Guess what, the same thing happens to me. Must be premiere that can't figure out the new divx codec

Same here.. AthlonXP 1800 with 512 ram.. Nobody has figured out the reason yet?

Same here.. AthlonXP 1800 with 512 ram.. Nobody has figured out the reason yet?

Seems like everyone that's having a problem with this is using the Athlon. Maybe Premiere and Athlon do not play well together. I also use 6.0 with the Divx codec...I have not had any problems using dual Xeon processors.

Yeah that was my thoughts also with the Athlon. My friend just purchased the Athlon XP 2100 and he has the same soyo kt333 ultra board as me and 512 ram.. It doesn't crash on him ever. I really don't feel like buying a new cpu.

I have an ATI video card. I wonder if that might be a reason. Do any of you have an ati card? I'm hoping that if I pick up a geforce 4 it will run better.

I have a Matrox Millenium G450 video card... and I am definitely NOT buying a new CPU!

I'm not able to edit divx files either. If anyone can figure this problem out, you are GOD!!!

I get a reboot whenever I drag and drop a clip - but not when I load the same clip with the file|import dialogue.

Peculiar.

My setup:
Athlon 2100+ processor
AMD A7V333 motherboard
1GB DDR RAM
AT Radeeon 7500 All-in-Wonder video card
Windows 2000 (SP2)
Premiere 6.1

Any help would be appreciated.

Andrew

Im running a Pentium 4 2.2 and i have the same problem, you dont need a new CPU. YEa what is this, im so pissed it crashes

Strange. It worked fine on a dell machine that I had a long time ago. That was a p3 ghz system. Can anyone here contact adobe about this?? Did anyone here purchase their premiere? Let's get a hold of an adobe tech from their website and figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back