Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

premiere 6 emergency!!! help for newbie!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Sorry for my bad english...
I am supposed to show a video in class in a few days, but am having a very hard time with premiere (by the way this prog could be more intuitive).

1. I can not export to tape. I mean, some bits of footage are exported with the white puzzle thing that I heard about before. I am using XP, and I tried with a sony vx2000, vx1000 and alos with a mixing deck... is there a compatibility problem here? What could I do to fix it?

2. One of the characters in my movie throws an orange on the ground. I would like to use an effect, so that the orange flies to the character's hand. In other words, I would like to have the shot "rewinded" so that the trick works. How to do that?

3. How do I create a fade to black? How come that when I create effects, I don't see them when I run the footage? Is it because I must render first?

thank you

I can't help you with the first one, but I might be able to help with the second and third... (I'm assuming you're using Windows - I'm not sure what the equivalent keystrokes are on a Mac)

2. Playing a clip backwards. Drag the clip onto the timeline and cut it (if necessary) at the beginning and end of the sequence you want to play backwards. Make sure the segment that you want reversed is selected. Go to Clip->Speed... (or press Ctrl+Shift+R). In the clip speed window change the rate to -100% and it'll play backwards.

3.(a) Fade to black. Create a title (File->New->Title...). Select black for the foreground color and select the filled rectangle tool. Draw a rectangle in the title and resize it to fill the frame then save the title. Drag the title to the timeline and drop it so it buts up to the end of the clip you want to fade out. Click Transitions in the effects window, find the Cross Dissolve effect and drag it to the timeline so that it overlaps the two clips. You might have to adjust the settings a bit.

3.(b) Seeing effects without rendering. You can preview effects by holding the Alt key when you drag the timeline marker. Unless you've got a real fast processor or are using really simple effects this is gonna be slow. I've also noticed that Premiere crashes a lot when I preview. You might want to consider saving your project often.

Hope this helps...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back