Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Premiere 6.5 - Project GONE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Technical User
Apr 1, 2003
NL
Hello there,

Please help me out with this one:
I have this big DV project (all saved) but my computer once dropped dead! After re-starting the PC my whole project is messed up.
The whole Timeline is empty and the captured files have lost there original names and are now all called -1.
The captured files are still O.K. though.

Does someone know how to restore this project?

Many thanks!

Nick.

Have a look for a folder called Project-Archive. In older OS it is off the Premiere program folder. Recent OS have it in the User data area.

In that folder you should find some recent, older, versions of your project which should save you starting all over again. Suggest you keep the backup and corrupt intact until you are happy (ir save to a new project filename) to give maximum escape routes.

Whether or not the cause of your -1 problem is the same as other people's, you might discover by searching the forum archives at Adobe's Premiere forum.

Hi there , Nick
go to this web site, download fix, follow instructions
add your "damaged" ppj, click "fix project"

Works for me!

Only happens in the combination WinXP+MP3+Premier6
Change any of these (win2K, wav, or update to 65 and it will not happen again)

Good luck!
FcotW

"Life's too short, why worry..?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back