Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preloading Flash frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

hallm

Programmer
Jun 11, 2000
US
I'm working on my first Flash project.&nbsp;&nbsp;I need a way for my flash animation to pause early and preload the rest of the frames for the movie.&nbsp;&nbsp;I want to do this so that the animation and music flows effortlessly.&nbsp;&nbsp;I'm using the following code but it doesn't seem to work well:<br><br>If Frame is Loaded (84)<br>Go to and play (3)<br>End Frame Loaded<br><br>84 is the last frame of my movie.&nbsp;&nbsp;The entire movie is 200k and a large section of my viewers will be in rural areas with slow connections.&nbsp;&nbsp;Is there a better way to do this? or am I doing it wrong the way I have it?

I have got a sample on my webpage that you can download, it also has a progress bar to show how much has been loaded (the flash is fairly small, so if you have a fast connection you won't see the progress bar)<br><br>you can find my flash page at <A HREF=" TARGET="_new"> ... to get the source for the Intro just click <b>yes</b> after <b>source available</b><br><br>hope this helps, if it does please sign my guestbook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back