Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Preloaders and swf files

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankyTheFish

Programmer
Sep 7, 2002
CA
I have a question regarding how a preloader works.
I have a preloader and if I put alot of content in this file I then am able to use the preloader.

Now the way we have our game structured. We have each level in their own swf file which we use loadmovie to initialized each level.

The problem this seems to cause, and this is what I'm wondering. I you link an swf file with loadmovie does the preloader take into account that file?

And for got to mention, thanks for taking the time to answer if you have any insight on this.

Frank

Timeline loadMovie actions are not held into account in a main movie's preloader, unless they are specificly called and preloaded within the preloader, usually before the main movie itself is preloaded.
But you can also have another generic preloader within your main movie, which can be called upon when loading external files on demand.

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back