Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Prefix problem to trunk SIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

saber mhedhbi

IS-IT--Management
Sep 6, 2017
TN
Hello,

I'm getting a problem with the outgoing calls from our Avaya IPO V2, I've set new Enntry under Line tab designed for a Trunk SIP line hosted to our provider, I've set the incomming calls route to this line and it's ok, but for the outgoing calls; after verifing with the provider; he told me that he receives the calls with the prefix 0 that is set for all outgoing calls (to not conflict with interrnal calls).
How to delete the prefix 0 to send a correct number without 0 to the provider?

Thank you

on the sip trunk is it programmed on the prefix tab?

So to confirm you dial a 0 then the number to be called - so to call 08000720760 you would actually physically dial 008000720760?

If so this is very basic shortcode programming, if not then you need to explain more clearer.

| ACSS SME |

Hello,

The problem was solved now, I didn't change anything, the provider have add a filter to delete the 0 that comes in first.

Thank you all.

@Pep77

Actually yes, if the number is 08000720760 I must call 008000720760, but the internet SIP server should receive 08000720760 however it receives it with 0 so the operator responder tell me the number dialed is not correct.

So just strip the 0 off on your shortcode.

| ACSS SME |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back