Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

preferred solution for call recording Nortel IP phones?

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrk

Vendor
Jul 20, 2007
US
Hi. Would anyone like to share a preferred solution for call recording Nortel IP phones? I've researched one in particular that interests me because it uses an MLS link to help decide when it will record the phone. How the audio stream is actually captured I don't know. VPI - anyone have good luck/experience with that one? The preferred solution must be for Nortel IP Phones, not taps on a DLC. I don't necessarily want to mirror every single switchport for every IP phone either. Trunk side taps might be acceptable. Ideally, the solution would be able to record any IP phone when specific DNIS were answered. THX

CRQM NCR uses a dual media stream at the set level. is the Nortel branded Witness/verint solution. You can research it on the Nortel website, I believe it will also do trunkside, or pretty much whatever protocol you want to impliment

Mato' Was'aka

I'm not sure you have the choice.
Verint software is the Nortel Contact Recorder solution for IP Phones. You need to add a MLS server between the PBX and the NCR...and even for no ACD agent it costs a lot.

Before CS1000E rls 6.0 you're limited to 2 keys for recording, due to AST limitation with MLS. If someone a 3 lines or more on his phonesets (SCN from other colleagues) then they won't be recorded.

RTP stream is duplicated to the NCR directly from the IP Phone. Works very well. Easy to install and manage. Someone on a remote location needs to be recorded ? And CLS ICRA, AST on the keys you want to monitor, enter the DN information in the NCR web interface and that's all.

We were actually looking at trying TAPIT for Call Recording. We already have TAPIT for CDR. But yes, you certainly have a choice - you don't have to use CRQM NCR or Verint :)

On the flip side, Konexx is a cheap solution but does a lot. It records to the PC the person is using. One device per set. Can be VOX or manually activated.

We use Nice recording (and trunk tapping (saves tapping every set)

the way they do it is give you a passthrough box

Plug E1 from carrier into this and pass through to pbx.. its just then a passive tap. you define monitored set with negitive recording rules for people who dont wnat to be recorded.

we went thist route mainly for the extra funky analytics that you can do over Nortel's solution.

(things like tag calls with screen scraped info like customer number ect to track life of customer)

Its expensive however works really well

These are all great responses. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back