Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Precedence dialing vs Worldwide Numbering Dial Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlroeder

Technical User
Sep 18, 2009
US
I have a customer that upgraded to an Avaya CM8. They are able to dial out dsn but are unable to receive incoming calls from our SL100. Our trunk group is setup as a PRI Autovon NFAS trunk group. We are sending the 40 and 7 digit number to their switch but are getting a wave off. One of the install techs is telling me because his setup for the Avaya DSN trunk is Pri. He said they are using the world dial plan and can't change to precedence dialing without rebuilding the trunks as CAS. Can someone please explain this or point me in the right direction to find the info for myself.

Thanks in advance

That sounds interesting. What do you mean by DSN? Defense Switched Network?

Removing everything else from the equation, it worked pre-upgrade? Was the config put into the upgraded system by restoring a backup from the older version or did someone bang it all in with ProVision?

They transitioned from an nortel 81c so no it’s not as simple as you would think. I wasn’t part of the installation team.

So you ripped out an old 81, put in a CM8, wanted to trunk to a SL100, and support MLPP for the defense switched network and it didn't work exactly right the first time?

Sorry to be smarmy :)

Are you familiar with CM and MST traces? You can do a d channel trace and try to work at that level with the SL100 guy. I've got a word doc written by someone very helpful on these forums for exactly how to pull a d channel trace from CM if that's what you think the next step is or that it would be helpful for you to diagnose whatever's going on.

Well it wasn't us that ripped it out in the first place. We're assisting them with their cutover since we're a tandem switch. We've also done our due diligence with a D channel trace and various attempts at digit manipulation and verified we are out pulsing the correct digits with the correct protocol variant. And I am the SL100 guy.

Aura 8? Not on the JITC APL though it is probably in testing. Bad part would be the hardening processes haven't been released for DoD sites.
Have you contacted the Avaya Gov Team? They should be able to assist IF the site purchased the Avaya maintenance contract.
Something is off. Could you shoot me an email from a *.mil account?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back