Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-recorded Agent Greetings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bseymour

Technical User
Feb 12, 2004
US
Is anyone aware of any systems that is compatible with the Avaya CM 3.0 product for which a pre-recorded greeting could be generated to the caller, rather than an agent having to repeat the same spiel over and over?

In vector, try to just put a step with the recorded greeting right before the "queue-to skill" step.

The problem is that if an agent is not available when queued, then the customer will hear the recorded greeting may get hold music till agent is available then get answered 5 minutes later.

I suppose further clarification is needed. This would be a pre-recorded agent recorded greeting that would be heard by the caller, once the agent is ready to receive the call.

Yeah, I know what you are wanting. I was just explaining that if you try to do it in the vector it may not give the wanted results. I know of no system that does anything like what you are wanting. Sounds kind of impersonal.

Thanks for that clarification, I do agree with what CBB described, and the type of greeting may be the key.

I know of a company over here in the UK that implemented this for one of their customers (118 888) the directory enquiry service so it's definately possible.

if you use a soft phone, you have the ability to add an autoanswer that the agent clicks from their computer, which plays the selected WAV file to the caller

IP Agent - there is the greetings which can be configured to play an announcement. You can have different criteria set up so that it can change with VDN, ANI or if a set prompted digits string is entered.

It can be found under Tools - Agent Greetings in the IP Agent toolbar.
There are 15 different greetings that can be set so that if you have a multi skilled agent, different greetings can be setup - e.g.
Greeting 1 - Welcome to service department
Greeting 2 - Welcome to sales department.

I am using greeting with IP agent but am having issues with greetings cutting off half way through, This is happening mainly on transfered calls but am waiting for clarification on this.

Has anyone heared of anything similar happening

Have heard of a custom solution Avaya CSI did for some customers using IVRs. The calls would queue to agents, the IVR program would monitor the agent station and conference on an IVR port, play an announcement based on who the agent is and which VDN queued the call, then dropped the IVR and the agent continued.

It is a wise investment as it ensures consistent greetings, and reduced agent fatigue (gives agents a few seconds to catch their breath between calls). It also ensures agents are aware of which VDN was called as they hear the same greeting the caller hears and can start right into their script or routine.

Sounds like fast food restaurant drive through where a voice greets you and decribes their latest fat pill, then a different voice says "can I take your order..."

There is a paradox here though. The agent is available but you are playing a recording. So the agent is idle. If you want to play a recording you should play it while the caller is going into the queue if you want them to hear the whole thing, or in the queue if it is ok to only hear part of the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back