Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-processing of backup job taking too long! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 13, 1999
MT
Hi!

Whenever I submit a backup job it remains in a pre-processing state for a very long time even though priority would have been set to highest. This backup job is backing up a remote server. Furthermore I'm creating a backup job using the wizard because creating a backup job from the normal tasks results in a never ending pre-processing state! I've applied all the Veritas solutions but it seems that there is a bug somewhere.

Thanks

I had the same problem and after disabling the OFO option, I no longer had the never ending Pre-processing state issue. If this works, then the next step is to troubleshoot OFO by changing the cache size or perhaps reinstalling.

AROOKIE is right most of the pre-processing is calculating the necessary space for the OFO - if you are backing up a large amount of data .....well.... ist gonna take a long time.

But as is AROOKIE suggested turn the OFO option off & see how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back