Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-printed stationery

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramsterp

Programmer
Oct 24, 2002
GB
Is it possible to design a report with labels, boxes, etc. for on-scren view, but then suppress everything except the data fields to print on pre-printed stationery?

The help system boasts how you don't need to use pre-printed stationery since you can embed logos and whatever into the report, but I HAVE to use pre-printed stationery!

Just print a couple of pages of your report on the stationary you have. It will of course, not match up on the first run. Move the objects on your report until it does match up and you are done.

This will most likely take several attempts and you will waste some paper, but that is nothing to worry about.

If you really want to do exactly what you are talking about, then create a parameter field {?VorP} with default values of V for View or P for Print, and then conditionally suppress these objects when you Print. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Many thanks for the prompt reply.

That's kind of what I was planning to do, but I was hoping to automate the print/view suppression so that I can run the report in Seagate Info, view the report with all items Lines, Labels and Fields) in the ActiveX viewer, but print only the data Fields when the user chooses to print (from within the ActiveX viewer).

So what I as hoping for was a trick that enables me to not to have to run a separate copy for viewing and printing.

Hi ramsterp,
You can scan a copy of the preprinted document and place the graphic of the form in the page header. Set the section formatting to Underlay following sections. When you preview the report, you will see all of the boxes, lines and stuff so you can line up your fields properly and easily. Set the conditional formatting so that the graphic is displayed on view but hidden when printed.

Jacque
[morning]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back