Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pre/post tasks

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdumatol

IS-IT--Management
Jun 26, 2001
US
Is this supposed to run on each remote server along with the local server? I seem to only see it on the backup server even though we run the Anti Virus on all (3) of our Novell Servers.

I am trying to run istop4 (InoculateIT 4.5) on a remote server before backing it up.

If this doesn't can someone suggest another way to do it?

We have a Netware 6.5 network and all 3 of the Novell servers are at the most up to date patch. The NWAGENT is locking up and we have found it could be InoculateIT causing the lockup. 2 are remote but the biggest problem is the Border Manager server which needs the anti virus running most of the time.

Thanks In Advance.

Do you have client agents installed on your servers?

The pre/post within the JOB on your backup server ONLY runs on the backup server.

EVERY client agent has to be configured for its own pre/post jobs/commands.

Hope that helps.

Yes, We have NWAGENT v 9.0 running on both remote servers. I guess that should have been my question. How do i run pre/post tasks on these servers?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back