Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-Dial Authorization code?

Status
Not open for further replies.

krtcomm1

Technical User
Dec 23, 2009
US
Looking for assistance with Avaya CM 6.3

We currently use auth codes for our system and would like to see if there is a way to enter the authorization codes "pre-dial" or before the long distance number is dialed. Currently auth codes are entered after the number is dialed, but other systems in the phone network are set to enter the code before digits dialed. This is causing quite some confusion for users moving back and forth between systems!!

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

thanks

You can. I'd say that I've never really seen auth codes used PBX-side. Typically I see them done telco side, each user is prompted by the telco for a code after dialing their number and that turns into some billing breakdown at the end of the month.

has a good breakdown.

We are a huge tenant system and require auth codes for billing purposes

I still don't see where I can specify before or after digits are dialed

COULDN'T you insert them in the route pattern for the long distance numbers being dialed? never tried to do this so not 100 percent sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back