Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Pre-configure pop-up blocker for SP2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasvic

IS-IT--Management
Jan 23, 2003
US
My company is preparing to install SP2 on all of our machines. Our plan is to do this via a CD at each location (many locations, slow connections, no active directory). I found out how to pre-configure the firewall by extracting and editing the netfw.inf file to turn the firewall off. What I have not found though, is there a way to similarly turn off the new pop-up blocker in IE? I know it is located in the Internet options after the SP is installed, but I'd rather have the blocker turned off by default when we install it.
Thanks,
Jason

Jason

Thanks, great site. I gave you a gold star...well, a pink one anyway...

Thanks again,
Jason

Jason

I have been looking over this site, have tried doing an unattended install of the service pack only using the /passive switch, but it will not implement any of the changes I made in the unattend.txt. I am wondering what I am doing wrong, or if this is even possible to do. When we go to install just SP2, I want to have it install with the firewall and pop-up blocker off, as well as any notifications off as well, without having to manually make the changes for each machine. Not having AD is a pain...

Thanks,
Jason

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back