Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Praying to the Porcelain God

Status
Not open for further replies.

ESquared

Programmer
Dec 23, 2003
US
A while back when I was playing Rollercoaster Tycoon, I got inspired by the roller coaster name "The Vomit Comet" to try to come up with my own euphemisms for throwing up, to name some of my custom-built high-intensity rollercoasters.

This thread is for you to share any euphemisms you know, plus to invent your own. Here are my original contributions!

I suppose some of these might be called dysphemisms. Any way you look at it, they all mean the same thing.

I think I'm going to:

- feed the dog (at "dog," bend over to the side and groan out da then look at what you did for a moment, then say, "here boy!" and whistle)
- unpack my snack
- unmunch my lunch
- serve my milkshake
- empty my blender
- make air pizza

And made up on the spot in this post:
- spill my pills (after taking vitamins or something)
- give the chef a rebate
- empirically prove that what goes down, sometimes comes up

Maybe I'll fire up RCT and try to find some more old names I made up so I can post them here.

Driving the porcelain bus (kind of visual)
Calling for O'Rourk
Chunder
Ralph
Paint a Jackson Pollock
Chunky Yodel
Deliver some street pizza
Blow Chunks
Shout Groceries

From a medical student friend ... "Eminent Emesis"

Worshipping the porceline god
Launching lunch
Talking to Ralph
Yakking
Reversing digestion
Launching a Lung (can also be applied to one of those gagging coughs)
Suffering from Bottle Flu

Just my 2¢
-Cole's Law: Shredded cabbage

--Greg

Eminent Emesis"

Would that be imminent emesis? Unless the emesis is profound or well known. Eminent emesis is what President GHW Bush gave up at the Japanese dinner.

Nice alliteration.

My grandfather called it "retrieving radishes".

There's always the ever-popular reverse peristalsis.

Greg
"Personally, I am always ready to learn, although I do not always like being taught." - Winston Churchill

Reverse engineer my lunch

[blue]When birds fly in the correct formation, they need only exert half the effort. Even in nature, teamwork results in collective laziness.[/blue]

Hurl!
Up-chuck
Herk
Barf
Aw,,now it's lunch time.

"Impatience will reward you with dissatisfaction" RMS Cosmics'97

Bugle
Heave
Boke (or Bawk)
Open the sluices*

* From Monty Python's "Australian Table Wines" sketch - see "Chateau Nuis-San Woggawogga"

Chris

So you ride yourselves over the fields,
and you make all your animal deals,
and your wise men don't know how it feels...

Ian Anderson

Reminds me about a holiday situation where I lacked a word for it: sitting on the hotel beach with my friend a dog came to us, wagged it's tail, barked and then vomited right beside us and went away.

It was hard to tell the hotel personnel what happened and that they should come and clean it. "a dog has *making as sound* there" did not ring a bell to them. But perhaps the sound was all they understood, this was in Tangier, Morocco.

A friend of mine rented a holiday home in France which had a rather dirty pool, with a lot of dog poo floaters.

He complained to the owner, using invented sign language and appropriate gesturing, making a dog noise and pointing at his backside etc. The owner turned a red color, threw a net at him and stormed off muttering. His wife who spoke a little french and was half listening out of the window, told him that the owners mutterance was along the lines of "how dare you come here and dump in my pool, you disgusting foreigner, clean it up!"

Sorry, that should've been Chateau Chunder: Aussie Wines

Chris

Ian Anderson

So, to build on other posts, name for a rollercoaster:

hurly-whirly

or perhaps even better (order of play?)

whirly-hurly

p5

Earl of Hurl

[COLOR=black #e0e0e0]For SQL and technical ideas, visit my blog, Squared Thoughts.

[sub]The best part about anything that has cheese is the cheese.[/sub][/color]

Bugle-Bus
Up-and-Down-Chucker
Wommit Wave

or for one of those stand-up-on-the-inside-of-a-spinning-drum type rides:

[red]The Regurgatron[/red]

Chris

Ian Anderson

The Regurgatron? Hmmm...I always thought that was called the Spin 'n Barf machine (from an OLD SNL skit where Mr. Bill was riding a handheld mixer).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back