Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Practice exams - Any real good ones for CNA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

michigan

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
Hi -

I've finally decided to set my test date for my CNA. I've heard excellent things about 'transcender' - but they do no make any practice exams for Novell at this time.

I've been to what seems to be 100 banner intense cram/dump/free exam sites, but wanted feedback from you all before I invest in a particular practice exam.

I'm studying for CNA - 5.1 Administration.

Thank you.

Hi,
The absolute best practice exam you will find for NetWare is the Exam Essentials at
I used these to get my CNE and must say without a doubt they were closer to the actual tests than anything else out there. Also, if you have the Novell white book for that exam the questions will reference the page that the question is referring to and give a brief explanation of the correct answer.

Good Luck!
Dan Kirk
CNE, MCP, A+, NET+, other letters to be added as needed

Thanks for the reply Dan.

I have the book also, so it sounds like they will compliment each other.

I'll give it a try.

You can also take a look at the BIG Red self test. I used this when I was working on my 4.11 CNE and my CNE 5 update. Questions and scenairos are similar to what you will take at the testing center.

Mark

Mark C. Greenwood, CNE
m_jgreenwood@yahoo.com

CNE 4.11 and CNE 5 certified. BS Degree in MIS. Working in the industry for 8 years.

I work with NT servers, NDS for NT as well.

Hello, which practice test would you consider to be the best certify.com or Big Red Self Test?
I'm currently studying Advance Administration for 5.0

I am new to Novell certification, which is the best certification to get for a business owner(computer tech) or starter?

Thank you,
Michael

I would like to have a feel for what the CNA 5.1 is all about and I would be glad if anyone could hand me some practice questions for my exams on the morrow.

Without a doubt I would recommend that you try the Exam Essentials package. I've used them in the past to pass several tests including my GroupWise 5 Administration (CNA) and Novell NetWare 5.1 Administration (CNA) as well as GroupWise Advanced Administration and NetWare 5.1 Advanced Administration. The number of questions and the quality of the feedback given for incorrect answers are head and shoulder the best in my opinion. I've tried the Big Red for the older exams but not for the most recent versions.

But again that's my opinion. Try the Exam Essentials demo downloads.

DrMarkGreen,

You have had a lot of insightful comments on here.

Do you have a URL for that "big red" test?

Chris

Hi,

Big Red is no longer Big Red but actually Self Test Software. You can view their web site at They do not have many exams for the new CNE 6 courses though.

You could check our web site at for exams that cover the new CNE 6 courses.

gwexpertslogo.jpg

Gioffre Consulting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back