Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPTP,RAS,VPN connection error 619

Status
Not open for further replies.

tgilmore

Technical User
Jan 2, 2001
US
Hello! I am able to connect to my router and log in fine. When I try to log in to the VPN I receive the error 619, specified port unable to connect. I have restarted, checked the modem etc. but no luck. I have searched the Internet and found nothing but the error codes. Nothing will tell me how to fix this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance.
Tracy

Had this same problem happen recently. Worked fine until all of the sudden just could not complete the connection and got the 619.

Ended up resetting the router that is between the local network and the cable modem and that got me connecting again.

GL!

Yesterday, I could connect to various VPN's setup on my system. This morning, I noticed there were some of those automatic MS updates waiting, so I opted to install them. They took down my VPN connections.

Ultimately, enabling PPTP Pass Through on my router has brought back my ability to connect to VPN's.

I would imagine there isn't just one answer to this problem, as there are various VPN schemes, encryption and authentication methods out there. I'm just happy (and lucky) I didn't have to chase this problem around for a week.

One lesson learned though... I'm not going to use MS's automatic critical update notification anymore.

I just had this same problem. After reading some of the messages I rebooted the cable modem and the Linux router. Voila, it worked!

I had the same problem. Microsoft article Q314485 solved my issue. RRAS server was not properly added to the Active Directory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back