Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pptp connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodlee

Technical User
Jul 15, 2005
Hi
i'm in a bit of trouble!!!
i have been given the task of trying to get out md remote access to our network when he is out of the office since the network administrator quit 2 weeks ago i'm coming to all your expertise on this.
they would like a pptp connection to our x700 which already has some muvpn created but seems unrealible what i'm after is a step by step document on doing this but any help would be great.

just to recap
win xp laptop connection to x700 pptp
thanks in advance sorry if my info seems a bit vague but don't really know what info will be required.

thanks
lee

The easiest thing to do would be enable remote user VPN from the network tab. Specify a pool of addresses (or single address if just your MD).

If it's just the one user,don;t worry about setting up RADIUS authentication. Simply click on the setup authentication, servers tab and create a firebox account for your MD. Either get him to chooseapassword or create one for him. Add the user account to the pptp_users group.

Next, create a new rule using the ANY service. Call it RUVPN. Grant the pptp_users alias incoming right to your trusted and maybe optional network.

Hi Stiles123
thanks for your reply
will give it a go today

thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back