Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPTP and Cisco PIX 515E

Status
Not open for further replies.

silks101

Technical User
Apr 28, 2003
GB
Has anyone managed to get this working - I curently have mppe working for 2000 and XP machines, unfortunatley I still have 100 or so NT4 machines tat cannot support mppe so therefore I have configured the pix to accept pptp - bu cannot get it to work.

Has anyone managed to achieve this?

thanks

Steve

I have it working, through 501 to a 2000 server. Is this what you are looking for? The only frustration I am left with is that for some reason the Pix causes problems with Microsoft Terminal Client logins, but all else runs great. Run the PPTP fixup, create an ACL to allow all, some, or one host(s) to access your 2000 Server. Then create a static mapping to your 2000 server. If you want real time examples, post here.

A real example would be great thanks.

Currently the MPPE terminates on the PIX - this sends an authentication request to the Radius server and this does an AD lookup and allows the user on.

PPTP currently gets as far as authenticating but never actually gets on to the network.

What radius software do you have running?

Computer/Network Technician
CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back