Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPT Not Advancing Slides with Flash anim

Status
Not open for further replies.

deeshubby

Programmer
Jul 10, 2001
US
I have an issue with a presentation which I developed in PowerPoint 2000 (and incidentally is being presented on a machine with PowerPoint 2002, nevertheless, I get the same issues no matter what machine I'm on).

My presentation, on the master slide, features a Macromedia Flash animation. It is quite a nice touch to have my client's numerous logos slowly scroll across the bottom border of the slide frame - and it is even cooler when you realize that the animation is uninterupted and maintains state between successive slides - however, I've noticed that sometimes when I click the mouse to transistion to the next slide, the presentation is unresponsive. I might click 50 times with no response, and on the 51st click it finally does respond. Then, on the next slide it will advance on the 1st or 2nd click. It's a very random behavior.

Anyone know what's going on? Also, SOMETIMES it seems like after a while of rifling through the various slides, the response time improves - as if the various frames have been cached like when you're internet surfing or something..

Anyone have any tips for optimizing this PowerPoint/Flash combination?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back