Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

pps/ppsx opens in edit view

Status
Not open for further replies.

AskJacq

Technical User
Feb 2, 2011
US
I saved a PowerPoint 2010 file as a .pps file (also ppsx, but that didn't work either) and uploaded it to my website. When I open it from there, it opens NOT in slideshow view but in edit view. DON'T WANT THAT!! Can anyone share a way to make sure it opens in slideshow view? Thanks!!

The user must have PowerPoint and the powerpoint Viewer or an older version of PowerPoint with the compatibility pack installed so that they can open PPTX/PPSX files in the first place

The web server configuration on your site must have the correct mediatype/MIME settings to serve PPTX/PPSX files as PowerPoint presentations.

You'll need to contact your ISP or web administrator to change the mediatype/MIME settings.

Avoid Hangovers. Stay drunk.

I'm the user and I have powerpoint. ISP is godaddy - what changes should I ask for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back