Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

PPPoE and Request dialog box

Status
Not open for further replies.

c1sc0kid

MIS
Mar 13, 2008
US
Has anyone had trouble with PPPoE DSL and Exchange causing the Request dialog box to appear. The situation is this, I have a VPN branch office that is having trouble communicating with our exchange 2003 server. They can't seem to reply or open attachments without the Requesting Data box popping up and sometimes hanging. We have tried about everything that we can think off and have even consulted the Microsoft support page for help and can't seem to get it resolved. It seems like it all started when either the ISP switched to PPPoE or we upgraded to Exchange 2003. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Once pppoe negotiates and authenticates the connection, it should remain up, so I doubt that pppoe has anything to do with it...

Burt

I seem to have a problem that might be related.
In this situation there is a SBS2003 with exchange
(to which a lot of users succesfully connect). On a remote location I installed 2 new PC's that connect using VPN behind a DSL-internet connection.
That works perfectly until both PC's connect to the server using vpn.
Pinging the exchg server works, but the second PC that connects can't make a connection with exchange.
When the vpn on the first PC is disconnected, the second PC manages to connect to exchange immediately.

My idea is that it can't make any difference between a 'normal' connection and a vpn, still it does.

btw the option 'Use default gateway on remote network' is disabled

It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.
Murphy's Laws

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back